Last class. We invented the final exam.
- Fermi problems, estimation (taking care to get units and precision right)
- Averages (weighted, mean, median, mode)
- Excel – charts, arithmetic ( = whatever), what-if questions
- Estimating averages from grouped data (histograms)
- Percentage computations, relative and absolute change
- Linear models, slope and intercept
- Exponential models, doubling times, half lives
Last question: for each topic, estimate the probability that you will use/remember/forget the material in the next ten years.
blog home page